Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC
2102 Franklin Street
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Phone: (256) 519-9000
Fax: (256) 519-9002
August 11, 2018
Play Therapy Training Series
Introduction to Play Therapy Basics- Part 2
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Check-In begins at 8:00 am- WORKING LUNCH- BRING YOUR LUNCH
8.0 Contact Hours (Clinical)
Presenter: Dr. Robyn Trippany Simmons, Ed.D., LPC-S, RPT-S
Location: St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 200 Longwood Dr SE Huntsville, AL 35801
Description: This training is designed to help participants gain skills related to Play Therapy. This is training may be used to work toward acquiring the required hours to become a Registered Play Therapist (RPT). This training will introduce participants to various issues that can present themselves in Play Therapy, the role of Play Therapy in the client’s clinical and non-clinical systems, how diversity influences Play Therapy, the stages of Play Therapy and various themes in Play Therapy.
Learning Objectives Include:
· Examine key elements in a play therapy relationship.
· Learn how to conceptualize a client’s presenting clinical problem(s) developmentally.
· Learn how to conceptualize a client’s presenting clinical problem(s) theoretically.
· Gain an understanding of the role of the play therapist and play therapy in the context of the client’s broader clinical system (medical/psychiatric treatment).
· Gain an understanding of the role of the play therapist and play therapy in the context of the client’s broader non-clinical system (family, school, community).
· Analyze issues of diversity and how they impact on every facet of play therapy, from choice of materials to the relationship with the client
· Identify and differentiate the stages within the play therapy process from intake to termination.
· Become familiar with play themes of children in play therapy.
Cost: $125 Early-bird (by 08/03/18)
$150 Regular (through 08/10/18)
Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6834. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC has been approved by the Alabama State Board of Social Work Examiners, #0575.
Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC has been approved by the Association for Play Therapy- APT, Provider 18-542.
Refund and Cancellation Policy:
Refunds are granted, less a $25 administrative fee, for those requests received in writing by email within two weeks of the seminar. Email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given if received less than two weeks from the seminar. If a person fails to attend the seminar and fails to contact us prior to the seminar about a cancellation, no refunds will be issued nor applied to a future seminar. If Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC cancels any seminars, a full refund will be given. Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC reserves the right to cancel any seminars due to low enrollment, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances. By enrolling in a seminar, you agree to and will adhere to this policy.
Replacement Certificate Policy:
It is the policy and procedure of Cornerstone Counseling Center, LLC to provide our customers with a certificate of attendance at the end of each seminar. In the event that someone needs a replacement certificate, email our office at email@example.com and request a new certificate. Please provide your name, course title and date. Please be advised that there will be a fee of $20 for a replacement certificate.
Dr. Robyn Trippany Simmons, Ed.D., LPC-S, RPT-S: Robyn Trippany Simmons received her Ed.D. in Counselor Education in May 2001 from the University of Alabama. She serves as a professor at Liberty University in Counselor Education. Dr. Trippany Simmons’s research and clinical interests include sexual trauma, vicarious trauma, play therapy, and professional identity issues. She has presented locally, regionally, and nationally and has several publications related to these topics. Further, she is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Alabama and is a Registered Play Therapist.
To be added to our email list-send your email to: